CHIPMASTER™ MAGNETIC CHIP CONVEYOR
The magnetic conveyor is built to suit the physical requirements of your installation. It uses powerful magnets and efficient motors, which create an effective solution for your conveying needs.
The MC3 magnetic chip conveyors are ideal for conveying wet or dry cast iron chips, steel slugs, scrap, and ferrous parts. We’ve perfected our chip conveyor design with a totally enclosed, protective machine frame and a wear-resistant stainless steel slider bed.
Magnetic conveyors can withstand the physical requirements related to their installation. Acting as an effective scrap separator, it removes unwanted metal pieces from the production line, sending them to a pre-designated discharge area.
Our magnetic separation equipment uses powerful magnets and efficient motors, which create an effective solution for your conveying needs.
Applications of Magnetic Conveyors
The magnetic conveyor is built to suit the physical requirements of your application. We know space can be a premium resource in some production warehouses, so we offer low-profile conveyor designs to maximize the floor space in your plant.
The MC3 magnetic chip conveyors are an ideal solution for conveying wet or dry cast iron chips, steel slugs, scrap, and ferrous parts, as well as the following wet and dry applications:
- Parts handling
- Ferrous parts only
- No stringers
Features and Specifications of MC3’s Magnetic Conveyors
Our magnetic conveyors feature a totally enclosed machine frame that protects the chain, magnets, and gear drive from contamination. The stainless steel slider bed provides a wear-resistant surface for chips and metal parts.
Though our conveyors have baseline performance specifications, we can customize specifications to best suit individual applications
Our conveyors are also available with or without coolant tanks, with the following features available:
- Stainless Steel body on request and depending on application requirements
- Oil-Impregnated UHMW Tracks
- Oil Bath Lubrication
- Regreasable Bearings
- 11 Gauge Formed Frame
- Oil Fill / Drain Coupling
- Powder Coat Paint – “MC3 Blue” (or provide us with your color specification)
- Totally enclosed for safe, low-maintenance operation
- Low Profile
- Spring Loaded Take-Up
- Various model customizations available to suit your application
- Support Legs
Optional features include the following:
- Ceramic 8 or Rare Earth Magnets
- Manganese Slider Bed
- Rigidized Slider Bed
- Integrated Coolant Tank
- Pumps and Filtration
- Load capacity and maximum load: In the event of moving parts, customers must consider the part production rate, communicating how many parts per hour they are looking to convey. Setting the parameter of the conveyor’s capacity helps to design a conveyor rugged enough to meet the demands of an application without constant maintenance or failure. Determining the maximum weight of the part the conveyor must move will dictate the motor and materials needed.
- Spatial constraints and how the conveyor is loaded: The customer must communicate any space limitations. To determine the conveyor load, they need to identify the drop height of parts/chips, which direction they will come from (side, tail, over the top), and what manufacturing process will feed the conveyor.
- Conveying distance and speed: As the manufacturer, we need a general idea of the distance a magnetic conveyor will cover, any vertical or incline conveyance, and the desired operation speed to determine the best fit for the application.
- Magnetic strength: To determine the required magnetic strength, clients should supply us with the size and weight of the products being moved on the system. While a smaller magnetic field is sufficient for moving loose bulk items, a larger magnetic field will be required when moving heavy parts, cans, or other objects.
- Control, environment & special considerations: When including a magnetic conveyor in a larger control system, features such as sensors, feedback control, and variable speed drives will make integration of the conveyor easier. Be sure to include any details regarding outdoor or hazardous environmental factors to ensure the appropriate protection gets included with the conveyor. Also, discuss any unique considerations to the application, such as orientation, sanitary requirements, chemical interactions, etc., to ensure the conveyor functions efficiently within the application.
Benefits of Our Magnetic Conveyors
Magnetic conveyors offer several key benefits:
- Efficient: Magnetic conveyors can move materials quickly and efficiently, helping to reduce downtime and increase productivity. Often used in high-volume production environments, these conveyors can efficiently handle material critical to maintaining productivity.
- Low-maintenance: Magnetic conveyors are engineered with a focus on low-maintenance requirements, effectively reducing the total cost of ownership, thanks to their utilization of resilient materials and minimal upkeep needs.
- Customizable: Tailored to meet precise material handling demands, magnetic conveyors can be custom designed to accommodate factors such as the dimensions and configuration of the transported material, the desired conveying speed, as well as the optimal positioning and alignment of the conveyor, ensuring an optimized solution perfectly aligned with the specific requirements of the application.
- Safe: Magnetic conveyors reduce the risk of injuries and accidents in material handling environments, especially in metalworking facilities where small metal pieces and metal chips can be hazards.
Choose MC3 Manufacturing Inc. for Your Magnetic Chip Conveyor
Get your initial quote, and we’ll hit the ground running to develop your custom magnetic chip conveyor. Our fabrications can accommodate virtually any size. Let us know the specific purpose your conveyor needs to fulfill, and we’ll develop the right solution.
Contact us today!